I am back.....

Hello, it's been a long time since I posted.  I had some life changes and took some time off from blogging and really from creating as well.  Lots have happened, some good and some bad, including my sweet dog Roxy's passing unexpectedly and that really broke my soul.  While she will never be replaced, we did add a new puppy family member, Mishka and she is adorable every way.  I'll post pictures of her soon and also the new place I live.

But the truth is, once you are a crafter, you are always a crafter in your heart.  So here I am again.  Hope you still visit me. :) I actually made some Christmas cards and that was fun and now I have a card for a friend who sadly lost her husband.  My heart is so sad for her.  I learned of the news from one of our mutual friends and I couldn't believe it.  I hope when she receives this card it will give her a little comfort at least.


I bought some Stampin Up goodies to create this card with and I had so much fun painting the images with watercolor markers.    I started my card with white embossing the images from the Petal Palette stamps set onto watercolor paper and I watercolored them and fussy cut them as I don't have the matching dies.  

Next I cut another piece of watercolor paper and did a little wash on the card with blue paint and using pop dots I added my painted images.  Than I whited embossed a sentiment from an older set onto a black strip of paper and added it to my card front.  Next I cut a slightly larger black card stock and adhered it to the bottom of my card front and finally adhered all of that to an A2 size white card base.  I am also entering this card into the Global Design Project newest challenge GDP #124.

Well, hope you like this card.  Thanks for visiting!

Hugs,
Eva

Labels: ,